Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chocolate Truffle Tart

I've made truffle tarts in the past, but this was challenging because I tried to work too fast.  I didn't have time to find the biscotti so I skipped those.  I also substituted semi-sweet for milk chocolate b/c that's what I had.  And I used a large tart pan instead of the small ones.  The problem with that is I didn't know how long to bake the crust and I think I overbaked it, but haven't tasted it yet, so not sure.

Here are the pics.  The assistant is my daughter who I hope will be a great baker some day!





OK, we loved it, especially the chocolate chunks, but dare I say it?  It tasted like a brownie

9 comments:

  1. You know, now that you mention it, the filling reminds me of the gluten-free brownies I made for my step mom. I didn't mind it as an actual brownie but it wasn't what I was expecting out of the tarts. How nice that you had such a dedicated helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tart looks great! I think I'm going to skip the biscotti next time -- once it was baked up you couldn't really tell they were there anymore anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have such a helper!
    Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your tart looks great!! I bet your daughter grows up enjoying baking! I know I did and I wasn't able to bake enough (due to the mess I created, according to my mother....) LOL!! I used a large tart pan also and just kept checking on it til it looked dry and blistery, but just and it worked out great!!

    Alice @ http://acookingmizer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice, your daughter is so adorable! Like the use of a larger pan. Why not? :)

    ~ Carmen
    http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tart and lovely assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great first post. You'll get the hang of it. Lovely tart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable assistant! Mine was more fudgy, but I like that yours (and others) were more like brownies. Next time I want to bake mine a little longer to taste like that.

    ReplyDelete