Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rugelach

Wow, when dough needs to be chilled, you really pay the price for not chilling it!  Because I hate waiting, I made the whole thing in 45 min. and the dough fell apart and spreeaaad in the pan.  But I just scraped it up and ate it--so delicious!!!

 The dough ready to be chilled.  Too bad I only chilled it 20 minutes.  I have to admit, I ate a lot of raw dough--it's so good


All spread and ready to roll.  I used only apricots and walnuts.


Rolled up--doesn't look tight enough and I don't think it should be open like that.


 It's already looking like a mess!

 Looks like a disaster, but it was so delicious!  I ate too many!  Next time I'm making chocolate.

I suppose I should be embarrassed by this amateur attempt, but it was a great learning experience and I love Tuesdays with Dorie!

4 comments:

  1. Chilling the dough is pretty key for this recipe to work. Ah well, glad you enjoyed it regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,man. it happens to the best of us. Glad it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they look like a disaster at all. I really want to make chocolate rugelach as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as it tasted good, looks are secondary - and it sounds like it tasted good :-)

    ReplyDelete